UNDP launches Young Professionals Programme open to Solomon Islanders
Interested fresh graduates from Solomon Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu are invited to apply.
The Young Professionals Programme offers exciting positions in development-related areas including Governance, Poverty, Energy and Environment as well as in the areas Programme and Project Management, Finance, Programme Finance, Strategic Initiatives, Information Technology, Procurement and general Operations.
The Young Professionals Programme offers an assignment for a maximum period of 2 years.
Positions are available in the following areas:
1. Special Assistant - Strategic Initiatives
4. Development Services – Programme Finance (2 posts)
6. Finance and Programme Support
Minimum required qualifications and skills include a first University Degree with specialization in Social Science, Economics, Management, Public Administration, Environmental Science, Information Systems, Accounting, or Business Studies. Applicants should also have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point), Internet, excellent command of English, good communication and interpersonal skills, good client orientation and ability to work in a team environment.
General Terms and Conditions of Employment comprise a Service Contract Salary of F$18,000 gross per year plus other benefits such as medical, annual and sick leave.
Competencies Required as Young Professional:
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Team orientation; excellent Cliental relationship and People Skills; Partnering & Networking; Results-Orientation and multi tasking; Innovation & Judgment; Communication; Job Knowledge & Expertise, strong IT skills, leadership and self management.
Applications must include a Curriculum Vitae and P11 form available on the UNDP Multi Country website with full contact details of three referees and is to be submitted no later than 30 September 2008 and addressed under confidential cover to:
Vacancy – (Indicate Position Title)
UNDP Resident Representative
United Nations Development Programme
Private Mail Bag
Tower Level 6, Reserve Bank of Fiji Building
Telephone: (679) 3312500
Fax: (679) 3301718