Taiwan offers seven new scholarships for 2008 undergraduate studies
Taiwan Scholarship is one of the scholarship programmes provided by the government of Taiwan to the students of Solomon Islands. There were six awarded last year.
The scholarship will offer each awarded student a maximum of five years of study. This includes the first year of required Mandarin language training, and subsequent four years of bachelor degree study.
Students also get a round-trip economy airline ticket and about US$1000 monthly.
Completed application forms should be submitted through the National Training Unit of the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development.
The deadline for all applications is Friday 31 March. Application forms are available from the National Training Unit of the Ministry of Education and Human Resource. More information in detail is on the website of the Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan) in Honiara. http://www.taiwan.org.sb/EMBASSY-index.htm.
Areas of study include:
1. International Sustainable Development Programme
2. International Management and Business Administration
3. Taiwan Studies
6. Animal Science
7. Food Science
9. Aquatic Bioscience
10. International Workforce Education and Development
11. Aquaculture, Resource Science, and International Cooperation
12. International Management and Business Administration in Technology Management.
Source: Solomon Star