Solomon Islanders invited to apply for ROC-Pacific Islands Forum Scholarships for 2008
Citizens of SOlomon Islands are invited to apply for scholarships under the Taiwan/ROC-Pacific Islands Forum Scholarship Scheme 2008.
Scholarships will be awarded for Full or Part time studies at certificate, diploma undergraduate or postgraduate levels within the specified priority fields. Awards are tenable at accredited tertiary institutions in Forum Island Countriess. However, special cases will be considered for the University of Hawaii, University of Guam and at Taiwan/ROC.
Covers tuition fees, text book, living and accommodation allowances (*special conditions apply for the accommodation allowance), medical insurance, and one return economy airfare to the country of study. Note: There are no allowances for dependants.
Eligibility Requirements – Applicants must:
• be a citizen of Solomon Islands and a resident in Solomon Islands for five years prior to application, excluding years of study overseas
• not hold or have held another scholarship at tertiary level in the preceding 24 months
• be applying to commence a new programme of study and not be seeking support for study already commenced
• have been accepted into a programme of study and institution, or should show proof of application when requested
• be under 35 years old for undergraduate courses or under 40 years old for postgraduate courses
• be in good health, and not hold a criminal record
• be able to take up the award within the scholarship year
• not be under any bonding requirements at the commencement of this award
Priority Fields for Solomon Islands:
1. Marine Studies
2. Computer Science/ Technology
Selection will be on the basis of fulfillment of the eligibility requirements and merit within the priority fields of each country. Gender equity will also be considered.
Procedure - Applicants should:
• obtain forms from your National Scholarship Office; download forms off the Secretariat’s website www.forumsec.org or collect forms from the Scholarship Assistant, Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, Suva, Fiji
• ensure that all sections of the application form is completed with certified supporting documents attached
• ensure that the completed application is endorsed by the National Training Unit (NTU) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs prior to submission to the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat.
Applications must reach the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, Private Mail Bag, Suva, FIJI by 4pm, Monday 26 November 2007. Late applications will not be accepted.
Direct Enquiries to: The Scholarship Assistant, Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, Private Mail Bag, Suva, Fiji Islands; tel: (679) 3312 600 / 3220 333; fax (679) 3305880; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.forumsec.org.