28th Independence Celebration 2006 Logo Competition
Chairman of this year’s independence celebration, Mr. Solomon Palusi said: “It is hoped many artistic persons in the country will show their interest by submitting their entries to the Independence Celebration Committee.
“The Solomon Islands Prime Minister, Hon. Sogavare has given a theme for this year’s celebration as Creating a New and Better Solomon Islands.
“This theme reflects the difficult times Solomon Islands has gone through.
“It is only when we forget the past and concentrate on nation building that we can create a new and better Solomon Islands.”
He said a prize of $500.00 would be given to the winning entry during the celebration on July 7.
Mr. Palusi said the competition is open to the public but due to timeframe the closing date was set for June 23 to give ample time for the Committee to screen all the entries.
He said since there is no second and third prize, selection of the winning entry will be critical.
Mr. Palusi said those who are interested to enter the competition should check Solomon Star newspaper on June 15 and 19 for conditions of entry.
Meanwhile TARD has been able to get the exclusive conditions of entry for the logo competition in the Solomon Star issue today and it is summarised below. Any interested To'abaita student who wants to submit a logo to the competition can email it to TARD and we can forward it to the rightful people in Solomon Islands.
LOGO COMPETITION (Advertisement in the Solomon Star)
The 28th Anniversary of Solomon Islands Independence Celebration Committee is seeking interest from the public to produce a logo to be used during the celebration. The logo should be simple and should reflect the theme of this year’s celebration: Creating a New and Better Solomon Islands.
There will be only one prize of $500 for a winning entry.
Conditions of Entry
1. The logo must include the theme: Creating a New and Better Solomon Islands.
2. The competition is open to all categories: public, students, etc.
3. All entries should reach the Committee not later than 4:30 pm on June 23. Any entry received after the closing time will not be considered.
4. All entries should include names and contact addresses of the applicants.
5. Entry must include explanation of the logo.
6. Logo from a winning entry will become property of the Solomon Islands Government and will be used on all publications to be prepared for this year’s 28th Independence Anniversary Celebration.
7. Prize for the winning entry will be given out on July 7 at Lawson Tama or any other location nominated by the Committee.
8. The Committee will not be responsible for meeting transport and accommodation cost of winner if he or she is from the province. But the prize may be sent to the winner through mail or bank account nominated by the winner.
9. Decision of the Committee will be final.
Due to time factor all entries should be sent via quickest means as submissions from provinces may not be guaranteed to arrive before the closing date. To hand deliver your entry, see Committee’s Chairman, Mr. Solomon Palusi, Under Secretary, Department of Home Affairs at the Anthony Saru Building, Level 6 on Tel: 28602 or Mobile: 75336. You can also see Alfred Maesulia, Director of Government Communications Unit, at the Old SIBC Building or contact him on Tel: 28153 or Mobile: 77101.
sources: http://www.pmc.gov.sb & Ofani Eremae (Solomon Star Editor)